Friday, April 8, 2011

Sausage Pepper Sandwich

Here's an easy open-faced sandwich idea. Bryce and I really liked it when we tried it. No measurements here, just put it together and enjoy.

Bread (The original recipe said to use sourdough bread, but I don't really like sourdough, so use what you want. Italian would be tasty, I'm sure.)
Lean Kielbasa sausage
Spaghetti Sauce
Thinly sliced peppers (I've used red, green, yellow, and orange)
Shredded Mozzarella cheese

First you brown the sausage a little in a saucepan. (The first time I just sliced off a serving amount of sausage and sliced it down the middle, kind of like a hot dog. The second time I sliced it so I had lots of little circles.) Spread a tablespoon or two of spaghetti sauce on a slice of the bread. Put the sausage on top of that. Pile on the peppers and sprinkle on the cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted. Yum, Yum!

1 comment:

  1. We enjoyed these open face sandwiches at dinner tonight. Of course, I made a modification because I didn't have any peppers. I substituted sliced onions. I cooked the onions with the sausage. We liked the sandwich.

    ReplyDelete