Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Polynesian Sausage Supper

This one's for you Kendra...it's one of my favorite kielbasa dish!


1 pound fully cooked smokes sausage, cut into half-inch slices
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, cut into one-inch chunks
14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
1/2 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
20 ounces unsweetened pineapple chunks
2 tablespoon cornstarch
Hot cooked rice


In a skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper until the sausage is lightly browned; drain. Add tomatoes, broth, brown sugar, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir pineapple into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Combine cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; gradually add to sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so how come when I push publish it deletes all my returns? I've inserted them over and over again, but it isn't working! So sorry for the all jumbled togther recipe. If anyone knows how I can fix let me know :-)

    ReplyDelete