Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Easy Chicken Enchiladas


I happened to find the Philadelphia Cooking Creme that Janeil was asking us about at Smith's the other day. It was right by the regular cream cheese. I decided to get it to try this yummy recipe. For the chicken I used a rotisserie chicken (I had bought it for another recipe too so I just split between the two) that I just shredded. It was delicious and very easy...it's a keeper!


1 small onion, chopped

2 teaspoons oil

3 cups shredded cooked chicken breast

1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes

1 tub (10 ounce) Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend Cooking Creme, divided

1/2 cup Mexican Blend shredded cheese

8 flour tortillas (6 inch)


Heat oven to 350. Cook and stir onions in hot oil on medium heat in a skillet for 4-5 minutes or until crisp tender. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, 3/4 cup cooking creme and shredded cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture down a tortilla; roll up. Place in a 13x9 inch pan sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cooking creme. Cover. Bake 15-20 minutes or until heated through.


My notes: This made more than 8 enchiladas for me. After I spread the remaining cooking creme, I also sprinkled more cheese on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment