Friday, January 30, 2015
½ cup butter
½ cup milk
¼ tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
1 and ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp peanut butter
optional peanut M&Ms
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove and add the sugar, salt and milk. Bring to a boil and allow to boil for
a minute on medium heat.
2. Remove from heat and immediately add 1 cup peanut butter and vanilla. Stir until all the peanut butter is melted
and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
3. Add oatmeal and continue stirring until it is mixed well.
4. Grease a 9X13 pan lightly and spread the mixture into the pan until it is even.
5. In a microwave safe bowl, place chocolate chips and 2 tbsp peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir.
Repeat until the mixture is melted and creamy. Spread over the top of the oatmeal mixture until it is perfectly
6. Sprinkle crushed Peanut M&M's over the top. The color of your choice!!
Recipe by Messes to Memories at http://www.messestomemories.com/2015/01/peanutbutteroatmealbars.html