Monday, August 9, 2010

Rasberry Oatmeal Bars

1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 jar (12 ounces) seedless raspberry preserves
1 tablespoon water

In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, oats and butter until crumbly. Press 3 cups of the crumb mixture into a greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.

In a small bowl, stir the preserves and water until blended. Spread over the crust. Sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture. Bake for 25-28 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. But into bars.

3 comments:

  1. Marcia--thanks for posting all these recipes! Did you have a favorite bar cookie among these that you just posted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, they were all yummy and really easy to make. I actually made all three of them at the same time. That was quite the camping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried these bars yesterday. I'm making goodies for a bake sale. I didn't have any raspberry jam, but I did have orange marmalade that I needed to use up. It tastes pretty good. Probably not as good as raspberry, but I kind of like the different taste of the orange in a cookie.

    ReplyDelete