Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Chocolate Zucchini Muffins

This is what I'm having for dessert tonight and breakfast tomorrow morning. I got the original recipe from Will Cook for Smiles, but decided to tweak the ingredients just a tad.  I love how plump the muffins turned out.  They are very moist, with a deep chocolate flavor. I'm not sure how the original muffins taste, but I like my edition A LOT!



Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
2 cups shredded zucchini (I peel the zucchini and remove seeds before shredding)
3 egg whites
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda

Mix wet ingredients, including zucchini, in a medium mixing bowl.  Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.  Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.  Using a medium scoop (Pampered Chef), place 1 scoop of batter into 16 paper-lined muffin cups.  Using a small scoop (also Pampered Chef), add an additional scoop of batter to each muffin cup.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.  WW PointsPlus:  4 points per muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment