Monday, February 28, 2011

Neiman Marcus Cookies

Have you heard about the Neiman Marcus cookie recipe legend?  Read about it here.  Even though it's completely false, the cookie recipe is delicious.  Each bite is full of chocolatey-oat deliciousness!


Neiman Marcus Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
2 cups blended oatmeal (measure 2 cups oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder)
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
4 oz. milk chocolate Hershey bar (grated) (I used milk chocolate chips and "grated" them with a few pulses in the blender)
1 ½ cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla; mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

Notes: The cookie dough was a little too thick, so I decreased the oats from 2 1/2 cups to 2 cups. If you can't control yourself (like me), only make 1 dozen cookies at a time. Freeze the remaining dough in balls. They cook up beautifully from frozen balls. And even Jesse can cook frozen balls of dough for a FHE treat!

3 comments:

  1. I have tried these before, and we really like them, too. Thanks for reminding me about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this recipe for many years. I got it when we lived in Arizona. I haven't made it for a while, but it is a yummy cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On dealstomeals.blogspot.com, Shandra used white bean puree to replace half the butter in this recipe, and her cookies still looked good. It's an interesting concept that I might try soon.

    ReplyDelete