Monday, March 14, 2011

Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cake



I was planning on making the Neopolitan Cake from www.sweetapolita.com. (By the way--you really should check out that site and specifically look for the Neopolitan Cake.) But as I was mixing the strawberry cake, I started to think a Chocolate-Covered Strawberry cake might be fun to make. So I added a little red food coloring to the strawberry cake batter. Then I made the "Favorite Fudge Birthday Cake" recipe from King Arthur Flour. When both cakes were made, cooled, and refrigerated, I divided the chocolate cakes in half, leveled the strawberry cakes, then stacked them with a chocolate layer, strawberry layer, chocolate, strawberry, and chocolate. I used ganache in between the layers and for a crumb coat. I frosted the cake with Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Frosting--but next time I will use ganache for more chocolately richness. And, of course, I dipped strawberries in chocolate for a garnish. Overall, we all enjoyed this cake!

1 comment:

  1. Please, can you mail me a bite? I want me some chocolate-covered strawberry cake!

    ReplyDelete