Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cream of Potato with Ham Soup


I have been making cream soups. This one turned out really good! I like the simplicity of adding the cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup to it instead of thickening the soup with flour and milk. The ham was in the freezer already diced and I just thawed it out in the refrigerator and added it to the soup. You could probably add it already frozen.

I also made bread sticks. I made the pizza dough recipe, then cut it in half and patted it out on two small cookie sheets. Baked at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, removed from oven. I left it in the pan while I poured melted butter over the tops, and then sprinkled with Garlic Bread sprinkle. I then cut it into rectangular pieces with a pizza cutter. Turned out pretty good, too!!!


CREAM OF POTATO WITH HAM SOUP

½ onion, minced
3 stalks celery, diced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 can Swanson Chicken broth
1 cup water
1 teaspoon chicken soup base
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
¾ cup milk
1 ½ cups diced cooked ham
Pepper to taste

Combine the chicken broth, water, and soup base. Add the onion, celery, and carrots; cover and simmer until almost tender. Stir in the potatoes and cook until tender.

In a medium bowl, combine the soups and milk. Stir into the cooked vegetables and stir until smooth. Stir in the ham and pepper to taste. Simmer until the flavors are blended.

1 comment:

  1. This soup is yummy and easy to make. I only had cream of mushroom soup so I used 2 cans of that. We enjoyed the soup.

    ReplyDelete