Thursday, March 31, 2011

Creamy Poppyseed Dressing (like Briana's)

It is FINALLY beautiful weather here today.  I say "today," because it's only supposed to last a few days and then we're back to rain, snow, and cold.  But regardless of how long the weather is supposed to be nice, I wanted to enjoy it with a fresh, crisp salad.  Spinach Strawberry Salad would do the trick, but I needed a good dressing to top it with.  I found this wonderful concoction on the Deals to Meals Blog.  The bonus is that I already had all the ingredients at home!



Creamy Poppyseed Dressing
1 T. poppyseeds 
3/4 c. light or low-fat mayonnaise
 
2/3 c. white vinegar
 
3 T. milk
 
1 1/2 T. grated yellow dried or fresh onion
 
1 1/2 t. salt

1 tsp. dry mustard 
2/3 c. sugar

Whisk ingredients together until smooth and well blended.


Spinach Strawberry Salad
Toss the following ingredients (in desired proportions) together right before serving:
Baby spinach leaves
Sliced strawberries
Sliced purple onion
Dried cranberries (craisins)
Toasted sliced almonds
Creamy Poppyseed Dressing

1 comment:

  1. The original recipe called for a tablespoon of mustard. That was a little much, so I changed the recipe to 1 tsp, which is how I'll make it next time.

    ReplyDelete