Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Soft Sugar Cookies

Okay, so I tried Teresa's sugar cookie recipe from Harriet. It was good, but not quite what I really enjoy. So here is a recipe to try for you all. (Try this one with Bryant and see if it replaces his favorite from Aunt Harriet.) This is a soft cookie and reminds me of the Lofthouse cookies. I don't recommend this recipe if you really want a definite shape to your cookie, but it works great for plain old circles.

1 cup butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups flour (I have better success with about 5 to 5 1/2 cups flour)

Cream sugar and butter, add eggs one at a time, add sour cream and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Cover and chill for one hour. (My friend says that when she doubles the recipe she needs to chill the dough overnight.) Roll out 1/2 inch thick. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes. (I have better success baking at 375 and placing the cookies on parchment paper.)

1 comment:

  1. I've tried this recipe before and really like it! My friend makes this recipe every Christmas and shares her baked goods with us! I'm so thankful for good friends who share!

    ReplyDelete