Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quick Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream


Mom and Dad gave us a big box of apples. So, of course, I had to make apple dumplings! I was too lazy to go to the store to buy ice cream to go with it, and I needed a quicker recipe than our tried and true vanilla ice cream recipe. So I found this recipe. It makes a very smooth and creamy ice cream that is faster to put together than going to the store to buy ice cream (luckily I had all the ingredients I needed at home)!

1 1/2 cups sugar
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 quart heavy whipping cream
2 cups milk (whole milk recommended)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

In a large bowl, whisk together the ice cream ingredients. Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Whisk before adding to ice cream freezer (mixture will have some lumps). Put in tightly sealed container to freeze to allow ice cream to ripen.

1 comment:

  1. I have everything but the whipping cream. I'll definitely have to try this for a quick dessert. So where's the picture of the dumplings?

    ReplyDelete