Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Bryn asked me to try this recipe that was on my calendar for the month of October. I was skeptical when I saw that it called for 7 eggs! But I did try it, using my whole egg powder, and it turned out just great. I even made great big cookies by putting the dough in pumpkin shaped aluminum pans I purchased at Walmart. I'm planning on giving these to the sisters I visit teach.

1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin (I used butternut squash because that's what I had in the freezer that needed used)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup oil
7 eggs, well beaten
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 1/2 cups flour
1 12-oz bag chocolate chips

Mix first 7 ingredients together. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together, stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture until well blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto sprayed cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until firm and bottoms are brown. Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment