Saturday, January 3, 2009

Breadstick Twists

I love this breadstick recipe and use it again and again. The breadsticks always turn out for me and are delicious!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix together:

1 tablespoon yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water

Set aside, let yeast soften (about 5 -10 minutes).

Mix together:

1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups flour

Add water and yeast mixture to the flour and mix. Knead dough until soft. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, let bread rise until double (about 1 hour).

Melt 1/2 cube of butter in 9"x13" baking pan. Roll dough into a 10"x15" rectangle. Cut dough into strips (about 1" wide and 10" long) with a pizza cutter. Fold each strip in half. Roll in melted butter in baking pan (you can stretch them to fit the width of the pan). Twist bread strips and place in pan.

Sprinkle with Kraft Garlic and Herb Italian Parmesan Cheese Topping. I just make my own parmesan mix using parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.

Bake 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees, until golden brown.

2 comments:

  1. We LOVE this recipe, too! I make my own Parmesan Topping because I've had a hard time finding the Kraft Garlic & Herb topping (1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also love this recipe. It goes together very quickly and the breadsticks taste delicious. I gave this recipe to a co-worker, and she and her family raved about it as well.

    ReplyDelete