Zucchini Cake with Sour Cream Frosting
2 1/2 C flour
2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
1/4 t cloves
1 1/4 C sugar
1/2 C butter, melted
1/2 C milk
2 eggs, beaten1 large zucchini, enough to make 1 1/2 C puree
2 1/2 C powdered sugar
1/3 C sour cream, room temperature
1/4 C butter, softened
3/4 t vanilla
1/8 t salt
1. Peel the pretty green off of your zucchini.2. Chop that zucchini all up into chucks.3. Put the chunks into your blender and blend. Now. Don't be disappointed, but they may not blend up all at once. I generally have to stick a wooden spoon into the top and gently push the chunks into the blade. Careful now. Don't let the spoon get chopped. Just push down on the top a bit and soon you'll have a nice smooth consistency. You need 1 1/2 C of zucchini puree.4. In a large mixing bowl add the flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Mix with a wooden spoon to incorporate well.
5. In a separate bowl combine the melted butter, milk, sugar, eggs and zucchini.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry.
7. Beat with your electric beaters, or in your Kitchen Aid for about 2 minutes, or until nice and smooth.8. Spray your bundt pan generously with cooking spray. Pour the batter in and get this baby into the oven. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.Stick a knife or toothpick into the center of the cake to be sure it comes out nice and clean before you take the cake out of the oven.
9. Let your cake cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Then set a plate over the top of the pan and invert the cake onto it. Let the cake cool completely.
10. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine all frosting ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, or until smooth and fluffy.
11. Pour over the top of your cooled cake.