Wednesday, August 31, 2011

LaBrea Bakery Telera Rolls

This isn't a recipe, but a must-try item from Costco.  I recently purchased a 12-pack of LaBrea Bakery Telera Rolls (used in Mexican Tortas) and am SO happy I did!  I thought they would be perfect rolls for sending sandwiches to school.  I was right.  But then I started thinking about how good they would be as panini sandwiches, specifically Cafe Zupas panini sandwiches.  I don't have a panini press, so I ended up using my griddle to first heat the rolls, and then heat the meat and cheese, and then topped the sandwich off with the fresh vegetables.  Mmmm!  You must try any of the following sandwiches with one of these amazing rolls!  I made the Milano (with cheddar rather than Muenster) and it was delicious!  I've also tried the Turkey Spinach Artichoke at the Cafe and loved it.


Turkey Cranberry:  Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, Sprouts, Muenster Cheese, and Honey Mustard
Honey Bacon Club:  Turkey, Bacon, Ham, Tomatoes, Muenster Cheese and Honey Mustard
Milano:  Ham, Tomatoes, Muenster Cheese, and Pesto Spread
Boston Crab Melt:  Crab Salad, Celery, Red Onions and Muenster Cheese.
Hawaiian BBQ Chicken:  Barbeque Chicken, Sliced Pineapple and Muenster Cheese
Ultimate Grilled Cheese:  Cheddar Cheese, Muenster Cheese, Tomatoes and Pesto Spread
California Turkey:  Turkey, Avocado, Tomatoes, Sprouts, Muenster Cheese and Ranch Dressing
Turkey Bacon Avocado:  Turkey, Bacon, Avocado, Tomatoes, Muenster Cheese, and Honey Mustard
Turkey Spinach Artichoke:  Turkey, Spinach Artichoke Spread, Muenster Cheese, Tomatoes, and Pesto Spread


Oh, and here are some links to the traditional Mexican Tortas...
Egg and Chorizo Breakfast Torta
Grilled Chicken and Chilies Torta

Happy Sandwich Creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment