Thursday, August 4, 2011

Oven-Roasted veggies

This is a recipe that Bryn and Bryce and I really like. It is my adaptation of the recipe on the back of the Lipton onion soup mix box. We cook it in the oven and we cook it in the dutch oven. Yummy!!

1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
potatoes, washed & cut into bite size pieces
carrots, peeled & cut into bite size pieces
1/4 cup oil

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine the potatoes and carrots in a gallon size ziploc bag. I usually cut enough to fill the bag at least 1/2 to 3/4 full. (You need room to shake everything together.) Dump in the oil (sometimes I use vegetable oil and sometimes olive oil, depending on what I have). (I actually don't usually measure the oil, so I might not even use a full 1/4 cup.) Sprinkle in the onion soup mix and garlic powder. Zip the bag shut and shake to cover the veggies with the seasoning. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and then spread the veggies on it. Bake, stirring occasionally, 35 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are tender and golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment