Thursday, August 4, 2011

Superior Meat Loaf

Have any of you tried the meat loaf recipe on the back of the Lipton onion soup & dip mix box? Well, this is it. I thought it was very tasty. If Devyn likes meat loaf, this may be a good one to try.

1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
2 lbs ground beef
3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs (I used Italian because that is what I had the most of)
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Shape into loaf in 13 x 9 inch baking or roasting pan. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes. (8 servings) (I use diet lean ground beef, so I didn't have too much "fat" in the pan. I know mom has mentioned cooking meat loaf on a rack placed in the pan so it's not soaking in its juices, so people could try that approach.)

No comments:

Post a Comment