Sunday, June 19, 2011

Easy Vanilla Ice Cream

Kaysen made this treat for his dad for Father's Day.  It's easy, delicious, and refreshing!  We served it with Molten Lava Cakes.

Vanilla Ice Cream
1 cup whole milk, well chilled (we used 1%)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

In a medium bowl, use a whisk to combine the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1-2 minutes.  Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.  Pour mixture into Cuisinart Automatic Ice Cream Maker freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 25-30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Kaysen, I made your ice cream recipe. It was delicious--creamy and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the recipe I use the most. (Though mine only calls for 1/2 cup sugar). I made it last night in preparation for our party tonight. I'm so excited for my dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete