Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Creamy Potato Bake


I was excited when I found this recipe because I still had a bunch of frozen hash-brown potatoes from the last swim team fundraiser. I indicated the changes I made to use what I had in the freezer. This side dish goes together quickly and tastes delicious.

Creamy Potato Bake

Original recipe:

2 cups half-and-half
¼ cup butter
½ teaspoon salt
2 (12-oz) pkg. frozen shredded hash-brown potatoes, thawed (I used cubed hash browns)
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

How I did it:

2 ¾ cups half-and-half
1/3 cup butter
¾ teaspoon salt
32 oz pkg frozen cubed hash-brown potatoes, thawed
¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13x9-inch (3 quart) baking dish--or use a smaller dish if using smaller amount of hashbrowns. In small saucepan, heat half-and-half, butter and salt until hot. DO NOT BOIL. Arrange potatoes evenly in greased pan; pour hot mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake at 350°F. for 45 to 50 minutes (check them at 30-35 minutes) or until light golden brown.

Recipe Source: Pillsbury Holiday

1 comment:

  1. I've still got hashbrowns, too. I'll have to try this one if it tastes good enough for you to share it with us.

    ReplyDelete