Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Three-Flavored Wedding Cake


For those of you who are curious, here is a picture of the wedding cake I made this last weekend. (The cake had a little trouble with the transporting, but other than that it worked out well.)

The bottom tier was chocolate fudge with ganache (I used the recipe for Favorite Fudge Birthday Cake which I've already posted, using some milk chocolate with the semi-sweet in the ganache). The middle tier was strawberry with strawberry buttercream (using the recipe for strawberry cake from scratch that I posted recently with the frosting made by adding seedless strawberry preserves and some lemon juice to snow-white buttercream). The top tier was white cake with white buttercream (I used the recipe for Elegant White Cake from King Arthur Flour's Baker's Companion).

I received several compliments on the cake. One of my young nephews (about 10 years old) said it was the best cake he has ever eaten!

3 comments:

  1. I would have to eat 3 pieces of this wedding cake! The colors are so beautiful! I love how this cake turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on the cake! It is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That looks amazing! And you are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete