Taste of Home Healthy Cooking 2010 Annual Recipes
2 Tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
1/2 cup boiling water
2 thin slices prosciutto, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped shallots
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tesaspoon butter
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
4 egg whites
1 cup shreded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
1/2 cup canned water-packed artichoke hearts, chopped
2 Tablespoons minced fresh basil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the prosciutto, shallots and garlic in butter until shallots are tender. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour and milk until smooth; whisk in the egg whites and eggs until blended. Stir in the cheeses, artichokes, basil, salt, pepper and tomatoes and prosciutto mixture.
- Coat 12 muffin cups with cooking spray; fill with egg mixture. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Carefully run a knife around edges to loosen; remove from pan. Serve warm.
- 2 frittatas equals 172 calories