Monday, February 1, 2010

Pizza Dough

This is my favorite way to make pizza dough--in the food processor. This is the recipe that was in the instruction booklet with my food processor. I don't want to risk losing it, so I decided to post it here.

2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 ¼ cups warm water
3 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil

In a 2-cup liquid measure, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until foamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Insert dough blade in food processor work bowl and add flour, salt, and 2 teaspoons olive oil.

With machine running on dough speed, pour liquid through small feed tube as fast as flour will absorb it. Process until dough cleans side of work bowl and forms a ball. Then process for 30 seconds to knead dough. Dough may be slightly sticky. Coat dough evenly with 1 teaspoon olive oil; transfer to a plastic food storage bag and seal the top. Let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes. While dough is rising, prepare any pizza toppings.

Use dough according to pizza recipe.

2 comments:

  1. I finally used my dough setting and made this pizza dough in my food processor. It was so nifty!!! I'm so glad I got my food processor. Yummy crust. Though it did make a very thick 14" crust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually make two 12-inch crusts from one recipe. When I want to make a bigger pizza, I use about 2/3 of the dough and make breadsticks with the rest. It makes yummy breadsticks, too (I roll them in melted butter with garlic bread seasonings before baking).

    ReplyDelete