Monday, February 22, 2010

Chicken Ole

I found this recipe on my friend's recipe blog. It turned out quite tasty. The only ingredient I was missing was the flour tortillas, so I made my own to avoid a trip to the grocery store. Thanks, Mom, for teaching us how to cook and make these things so we don't always have to purchase things at the store.

10 3/4 oz can cream of mushroom soup
10 3/4 oz can cream of chicken soup (or use 2 chicken if you don't like mushroom)
1 cup sour cream
2 T grated onion (I sliced some green onions I needed to use up)
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
12 flour tortillas, each torn into 6-8 pieces
3-4 cups cubed, cooked chicken
7 oz jar salsa- (I used a whole pint of our homemade salsa)
1/2 grated cheddar (for garnish)

In separate bowl, combine soups, sour cream, onion, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spray your crock pot with cooking spray to avoid the tortillas sticking!!! Place one third of each of the following in layers in slow cooker: torn tortillas, soup mixture, chicken, salsa. Repeat layers 2 more times. Cover. Cook on Low 4-5 hours. (This recipe does not respond well to cooking on High.) Gently stir. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover. Cook on Low another 15-30 minutes.

You can also serve with tortilla chips and lettuce. I served mine on a bed of lettuce and it was yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment