Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pancake or Waffle Mix

I've spoiled my family! They won't eat any of the store-purchased pancake mixes! Here is our favorite mix recipe to keep on hand so everyone can make their own breakfast.

Favorite Pancake or Waffle Mix
16 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup baking powder
2 T. salt
2 1/2 cups regular nonfat dry milk
1 cup dried whole eggs

Mix ingredients together and store in air tight container. To make pancakes or waffles, mix:

Pancakes or Waffles
1 cup pancake mix
7/8 cup water
1 T. oil

Do no over-mix. It will be lumpy, and a little runny. Let sit for 5 minutes or so while the griddle or iron heats up; it will thicken up and become less lumpy.

To make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes or Waffles, add 1/4 cup cocoa mix (such as Stephen's or Honeyville's) and 1/4 cup chocolate chips. You may have to add a little extra water. Bryant made up this recipe one day during Christmas break while Jesse and I were out shopping! I haven't tried it myself, because it was all gone when I got home. But Bryant vouches for it's chocolately goodness! I love serving these with whipped cream and fruit, especially strawberries or raspberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment