Friday, January 1, 2010

Key Lime White Chocolate Pie

Our dessert for last night's dinner was this recipe that has an interesting history. Quite a few years ago I was looking through an old Taste of Home magazine when I noticed someone had written in asking for a recipe with this title. I thought it sounded great, so I mustered the courage to write a letter and ask if she had gotten any good recipes from her request. This is what she sent back. So, courtesy of Deborah Sanders of Camilla, Georgia via June Caouette of Glastonbury, Connecticut I now share the recipe with you. The first time I made it I didn’t get the chocolate mixed in well enough before it started to harden in the cold ingredients. So we came across a few chunks of chocolate, which weren’t terrible, but ideally I think it is supposed to be totally smooth. This time I made sure the ingredients were close to the same temperature (room temperature). Bryce poured in the chocolate while I manned the beaters. It turned out very smooth, with no chocolate chunks.

1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 (6 oz) pkg. white baking chocolate or white chocolate morsels, melted
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Key Lime Juice
2 cups whipped topping, thawed
1 (8 oz) graham cracker pie crust (I made one from scratch and actually used my 9.5" pie pan.)

Beat cream cheese and sugar in a bowl until blended. Pour in chocolate while beating the cream cheese mixture. Beat in the sour cream and lime juice, blending well. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon mixture into pie crust and spread evenly. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment