Thursday, June 11, 2009

Simple Popsicles

These are yummy and quick to put together. Paige had a lot of fun making these yesterday. The hard part is waiting for them to freeze, but today the kids got to pick their flavor and get their picture taken. We made grape, orange, and cherry. You can use any combination of gelatin and Kool-aid that strikes your fancy. Of course, my kids all chose grape for the picture. I used my popsicle molds, little dixie cups, and an ice cube tray to make all three flavors of popsicles.

1 cup sugar
1 package (3 oz) cherry gelatin
1 package (.13 oz) unsweetened cherry soft drink mix (Kool-aid)
2 cups boiling water
2 cups cold water
10 disposable plastic cups (5 oz)
Heavy-duty aluminum foil
10 popsicle sticks

In a bowl, combine sugar, gelatin and soft drink mix in boiling water until dissolved. Add cold water. Pour into cups. Cover each with foil; insert sticks through foil (foil will kind of hold sticks upright). Place in a 13x9" pan; freeze. To serve, remove foil and plastic cups. Yield: 10 servings.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun recipe! Janeil--where did you find your popsicle molds? The last ones I bought didn't work (they were from the dollar store--I should have known better).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found some at Winco a few years ago. They were just sitting there by the frozen foods. I also "inherited" some from Mom when she was cleaning out a cupboard. I need to find more, for when I do these marathon popsicle making sprees, but haven't seen any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The popsicles look good, but the children look better! What a cute bunch!

    ReplyDelete