Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Raspberry-Banana Salad


I absolutely love it when my kids go through my cookbooks and choose recipes they would like to try. Joshua chose several recipes recently, and all of the ones he chose turned out great! He even helped me make most of them. This is one of the salads he recently chose. He helped me make it while Alyssa did the dishes.

2 cups water
1 (6-ounce) package raspberry Jell-O
1 (12-ounce) package individually frozen raspberries
1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
4 bananas

Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan or in microwave. Place Jell-O powder in a large bowl. Add boiling water to Jell-O and stir until Jell-O has dissolved. Add frozen raspberries to Jell-O. Stir until thick and syrupy, refrigerating if necessary. Stir in crushed pineapple. Dice bananas and add. Pour into a 9x13-inch dish. Let set overnight, if possible, or for several hours. Makes about 12 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment