Monday, June 1, 2009

Oatmeal-Rhubarb Crunch


My neighbor gave me some rhubarb, so I made some rhubarb crisp. I know we all have this recipe, but it better go down on the blog. I guess I was feeling nostalgic. Also since I just picked my strawberries, I did about half strawberries, half rhubarb. YUM-O!!


1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, softened
4 cups diced rhubarb
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla


Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 9 inch pan to form a crust. Cover with rhubarb (and strawberries). In a saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, water, and vanilla. Cook until thick. Pour over rhubarb. Top with remaining crumbs and bake at 350 for 60 minutes. Serve warm plain or topped in ice cream!

2 comments:

  1. I love having our favorite recipes in one spot. Thanks for posting this, Marcia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is watering! I want some rhubarb crisp so badly, especially with the homemade ice cream I made for Jaret's birthday!

    ReplyDelete