White Chocolate Cupcakes
1 box white cake mix
4 egg whites
1/3 cup oil
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup sour cream
1 T. vanilla
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- Sift cake mix into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently whisk egg whites, oil, buttermilk, sour cream and vanilla extract.
- Add cake mix and stir until combined (it's more like a muffin batter texture).
- Stir chips into batter.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes on wire rack.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with frosting of your choice. Valerie's Decorator's Buttercream Frosting with almond flavoring is DELISH on these cupcakes. I used egg white powder instead of meringue powder because that's what I had, and it worked perfectly!