Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Cookies

I had one banana that needed used up.  I searched for a recipe and found this one in the "Family Collection Cookbook" by Taste of Home.  I halved the recipe to use my one banana and it turned out pretty yummy and, of course, I omitted the walnuts because of Seth.

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In a mixing bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Add egg, bananas and oats; mix well.  Stir in chips and nuts.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.  Bake at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on wire racks.  Yield:  4 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment