Sunday, May 23, 2010

Cafe Rio Chicken

Okay, I've never eaten at Cafe Rio but I've read several blogs where people were raving about the food. And then at her NCAA Basketball Championship Party last month, my friend Alison served some of these dishes. I made the recipes today and they were delicious.

2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used frozen ones)
1/2 small bottle Zesty Italian Dressing
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1 1/2 garlic cloves, minced

Mix all ingredients together in a large slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours. Remove chicken and shred with a fork. Reserve a small amount of liquid and pour over shredded chicken to keep it moist. Keep warm until serving.

1 comment:

  1. You can use the dressing and seasonings as a marinade, and then grill your meat (Cafe Rio calls this Fire Grilled). And, for your information, steak works just as well as chicken!

    ReplyDelete