Tuesday, July 7, 2009

San Antonio Barbecue Chicken


This was dinner tonight. I grilled the chicken and did pretty good at not having too many black edges, thus Paige was willing to eat it. We also had Valerie's Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes with it. They were yummy. We like the crispy top part of the potatoes, too, just like Valerie.


1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup smoky barbecue sauce
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
2 pounds chicken pieces (I cut the chicken breast into strips for quicker cooking and because my children like chicken tenders)

Combine liquid ingredients and seasoning in a gallon-size bag to create marinade. Mix well. Place chicken in bag and seal. marinate in refrigerator 2 hours or overnight. Drain chicken and discard marinade. Grill, bake, broil or saute chicken as desired until fully cooked. Makes 4-6 servings.

3 comments:

  1. The chicken looks very yummy! How long did you marinate yours? What brand of smoky barbecue sauce did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I marinated my chicken all morning, so about 8 hours total. I just used Kraft, because that is what we had in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BBQ chicken is on my menu next week, so I'll have to try this recipe. Do you think it would be good served on a bun?

    ReplyDelete