Friday, January 11, 2019

Seasoned Black Beans

This is the black bean recipe I used for Roundtable's Blue & Gold last night.  Bryce says he really loves this recipe.  The first time I tried it I felt it had way to much liquid and not enough beans, so I adjusted it for Roundtable and it turned out great.  I'm posting my adjusted recipe.

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced (I used 2 teaspoons garlic paste, which is an amazing discovery I've really enjoyed using)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 can (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
1 1/3 cups tomato juice (I just blended up a jar of home canned tomatoes and measured the amount I needed)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped

In a nonstick skillet, cook garlic and cumin in olive oil over medium heat until you can smell it.  Add beans, tomato juice, and salt.  Continually stir until heated through.  Just before serving stir in the cilantro.  (To cook in the slow cooker:  I omit the olive oil and just mix everything together, except the cilantro.  Heat on warm for a few hours.  Just before serving, stir in the cilantro.)

No comments:

Post a Comment