Thursday, January 24, 2019

Pressure Cooker Scalloped Potatoes

Last night I decided to make my Superior Meat Loaf that Logan has been craving.  I prepped it early in the day and had it in the fridge with instructions left for when to put it in the oven.  I had a meeting with a teacher and knew I'd be late getting home.  I also wanted some potatoes to go with this meal, so I searched up another recipe and then edited it for what I had and my tastes.  Here's the link to the recipe and below you will find what I did.

I got home and put one child to work shredding cheese, another ran downstairs to get potatoes and then mixed up my broth, another scrubbed the potatoes and I sliced them using the food processor.  Things go together so much quicker when we are all working together.  :)  I timed it rather perfectly.  As soon as the meat loaf came out of the oven, I was able to switch to broil and crisp up the potatoes while we set the table.  Also, my review is that I might decrease the garlic next time.  Paige and Bryce loved the amount of garlic, though, so they probably won't enjoy it as much if I do decrease the garlic.  Logan said it was yummy.

2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1/4" slices
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon salt (I actually didn't use the salt)
2 cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
3 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Combine the broth, salt, and potatoes in the inner pot of the pressure cooker.  Close and lock the lid.  Select high pressure and set the timer for 2 minutes. I allowed the pressure cooker to natural release for 5 minutes before quick-releasing the rest of the pressure.  Unlock and remove the lid.

Transfer the potatoes carefully to an oven safe dish.  (I used my two quart oval casserole dish.)  Combine 1 1/2 cups cheese, milk, garlic powder, and pepper in the pressure cooker with the remaining liquid.  Select Saute function and cook until smooth and creamy, about 5 minutes.  Pour sauce evenly over potatoes and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.

Broil in the preheated oven until golden, about 5 minutes.




1 comment:

  1. I tried half the garlic. I think I can still go with less. Next time I'll try 1/4 the garlic.

    ReplyDelete