Monday, April 14, 2014

Coconut-Almond Breakfast Quinoa

I was looking for healthy recipes the other day...I'm not positive, but I think I found this off of Our Best Bites.  It was almost like having dessert for breakfast.  I topped mine with unsweetened coconut flakes, and fresh berries.  It was so tasty!


1/2 cup quinoa
1 cup coconut milk
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract


Combine in a sauce pan and bring to a boil, then turn down low, cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.


I used the splenda brown sugar, and I waited to add the almond extract in at the very end of cooking so it had a stronger flavor to it.  Other toppings could be more milk, or honey, but I thought it was plenty sweet.  I actually had this with some egg whites 4 mornings in a row!

No comments:

Post a Comment