Sunday, December 9, 2012

Nutella No Bake Cookies

I love peanut butter chocolate no bake cookies, however Morgan can't eat them, so I was excited when I found this recipe.  I made them for an activity days refreshment.  They were yummy--of course I missed the peanut butter, but Morgan loved them and they were pretty tasty still. :-)

Nutella No-Bake Cookies

8 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3/4 cup Nutella
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup hazelnuts chopped (I didn't have these so I left them out)
1/4 cup flaked coconut

In a medium saucepan, bring butter, sugar, cocoa and milk to a boil and cook for one minute.  Add Nutella, vanilla and salt and stir to combine.  Remove from heat.  combine oatmeal, hazelnuts and coconut into a medium-sized bowl.  Add chocolate Nutella mixture and mix to combine.  Spoon 1 inch balls onto Silpat or parchment paper and sprinkle with a few extra chopped hazelnuts.  Cool for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment