Monday, November 21, 2011

3 Bean Turkey Chili

I have to say that I am not a chili person. In fact I don't think I've ever made chili. So when our ward was having a chili cook-off I went in search of a recipe to try. I found this recipe and I havae to say it was quite delicious! I especially loved it with the cilantro on top and that it was super easy to put together.

· 1.3 lb (20 oz) fat free ground turkey breast
· 1 small onion, chopped
· 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
· 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
· 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
· 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, undrained
· 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, undrained
· 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, undrained
· 2 tbsp chili powder
Topping:
· 1/2 cup chopped red onion
· 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping
· shredded cheddar to top (extra pts)
Brown turkey and onion in a medium skillet over medium high heat until cooked through.Drain any fat remaining and transfer to crock pot . Add the beans, chilies, chickpeas tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder mixing well.Cook on high 6-8 hours.Garnish with onions, cilantro and cheese and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment