Friday, October 28, 2011

Meatball Stew

I prepared this stew a few days ago using potatoes, carrots, and onion from mom and dad's garden.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Slow-Cooked-Meatball-Stew

It was smelling so yummy within 1 hour of putting it in the slow cooker. By the time supper rolled around, I was so ready to eat it. The first time I made this (the recipe is from an old Quick Cooking issue) I followed the recipe and put a note by it -- "yum, try cream of mushroom soup next time". So this time I tried Cream of Mushroom Soup rather than the tomato soup. It was very tasty. So if you prefer a non-tomato based stew, don't be too nervous about making a substitution.

1 comment:

  1. I tried this in my new pressure cooker. Tried it on the soup/stew setting for 30 minutes, letting it sit for 10 minutes before releasing the pressure valve. Way to long. Just stirring the stew caused the potatoes to become mashed potatoes. Bryce said it wasn't bad. . . kind of like mashed potatoes with the gravy included. :) Next time I should probably only do it for 15 minutes.

    ReplyDelete