Thursday, November 4, 2010

Curry Chicken Cranberry Salad

This is a recipe my friend told me was awesome. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like a possible use of leftover turkey (since Thanksgiving is close and most of us will probably have leftovers). And since I now have curry in my pantry and I'm getting braver about trying new things, I'm thinking of giving this one a try.

3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp lime juice
3/4 tsp curry powder
1 medium apple, diced
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1/2 cup sliced celery
3/4 cup dried cranberries (I'm thinking Craisins)
2 Tbsp sliced green onions
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Combine the first 3 ingredients well. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring to mix. Chill. If making ahead, add the pecans and onions just before serving. Serves 4-6.

1 comment:

  1. This would be so delicious on a croissant! The combination of ingredients sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete