Friday, July 9, 2010

Coconut Ice Cream


I made this ice cream for Dad's birthday celebration, but I forgot to serve it! So we enjoyed it the next day. It is very quick to make, and we all love the coconut flavor in it! I added some macadamia nuts this time, but next time we'll just leave it plain. It doesn't need anything else in it--the coconut stands on it's own.

1 cup milk
1 (14 or 15 ounce) can cream of coconut (NOT coconut milk--cream of coconut is usually sold in the store with the drink mixers--by the alcohol/soda section)
1 1/2 cups heavy cream

Combine the milk and cream of coconut in the container of a food processor or blender, and mix thoroughly. Stir in cream and blend until thoroughly mixed.

Pour into the container of an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Put in airtight freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 4 hours to allow ice cream to ripen.

Makes 8 servings

Recipe Source: adapted from The Sister's Cafe

1 comment:

  1. I just loved the coconut syrup you made, so I'm sure I would love this coconut ice cream. But mostly I want a cone maker so I can make those delicious-looking chocolate cones!

    ReplyDelete