Sunday, August 9, 2009

Microwave Chicken Curry


I love eating Indian food, but my mom rarely makes it, so I decided to learn how to make one of my favorite meals myself. This Microwave Chicken Curry is one of the easiest meals I've ever made, yet turned out entirely gourmet! My entire family loved it, and they all want me to make it again.

3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Indian curry paste
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
2 (13.5-ounce) cans unsweetened coconut milk
2 tablespoons soy sauce
½ bunch fresh basil, snipped (about ¼ cup)
½ bunch fresh cilantro, snipped (about ¼ cup)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Hot steamed rice (we had Indian-Spiced Rice Pilaf with Dates using basmati rice)
Paprika
1 green onion, thinly sliced
Crushed pink peppercorns (optional—we didn’t use them)

In a large microwave-safe dish with a cover mix together the oil and curry paste. Microwave (covered) on high (100% power) for 3 minutes. Stir in the chicken; cover and microwave on medium (50% power) for 8 minutes.

Stir in the coconut milk, soy sauce, basil, and cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on medium (50% power) for 4 minutes. Stir the mixture again, cover, and let stand for 3 or 4 minutes. Serve over rice and garnish with paprika and green onion. If desired, sprinkle with crushed peppercorns.

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous meal! I loved it! Next time you make it, let's make some Naan to go with it!

    ReplyDelete