Sunday, May 31, 2009

No-Cook Freezer Strawberry Jam

I wanted to share a product that I found to make jam with less sugar. The recipe with this pectin only uses 1-1/2 cups sugar to 4 cups of crushed fruit.


I made strawberry jam and then put it in these containers to freeze it. My jars look so pretty!
Fresh or Frozen strawberries to yield 4 cups crushed (it took 2 1-pound containers of fresh berries)
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 pouch Ball Simple Creations no cook freezer jam fruit pectin
5 Ball plastic (8 oz) freezer jars
Stir sugar and contents of package in a bowl until well blended. Stir in 4 cups crushed (I used the blender) fruit. Stir 3 minutes. Ladle jam into clean jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.


2 comments:

  1. I just made some "jumbleberry" jam with Ball Simple Creations a couple of weeks ago (we were completely out of freezer jam--a tragedy!). I think jam is even easier to make with this product than with Sure-Jell. The jam does taste more tart this way than it does with Sure-Jell, and I think it freezes more firm--it's a little harder to use straight from the freezer. But I agree that it's fun to make and delicious to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what I was going to ask: how does it taste? So thanks for posting your comment, Valerie.

    ReplyDelete