Sunday, February 7, 2016

Macadamia Creamsicle Cookies

I had all the ingredients for these cookies and was going to make them for Christmas. But I never got around to it. I finally decided that macadamia nuts are too expensive to waste, so I made the cookies yesterday. Oh, my! They're to die for!

Macadamia Creamsicle Cookies

2½ cups all purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange extract (I used 1/4 tsp. orange oil)
2 tablespoons orange zest
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped dry-roasted macadamia nuts (I used about 3 oz.)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg, vanilla, and orange extract until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest, white chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overcook! Cookies will be plump. Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.

Note: my dough was SO thick that I couldn't even stir in the chips, zest, and nuts. I ended up adding 1 T. milk in order to stir in those ingredients. Maybe I should have measured the flour more carefully. I think these cookies would be incredible with lime or lemon also!

Adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment