We just entered this delicious chili recipe into our ward's Chili Cook-off and we got first place! The recipe is Anthony's mom's. Super simple and yummy!
1/2 to 1 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2-1/2 to 3 TB chili powder
1 can kidney beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1. Brown meat, add salt and pepper to season.
2. Add green pepper and onion, cook until soft and tender.
3. Add garlic, sautee.
4. Drain and rinse beans.
5. Coat the top of the meat mixture with chili powder, and stir together.
6. Add beans, tomatoes, and spaghetti sauce.
7. Simmer 20 minutes.
8. Add more chili powder, salt, and/or pepper to taste.