Thursday, May 16, 2013

Best Ever Pancake Syrup

You all know that I have made maple syrup for pancakes for years with just sugar, water, and Mapleine.  You know the mistakes I have made with it.   I have found a new recipe--it is thicker and I absolutely love it!

1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup water
Maple or other flavoring extract

Heat water and corn syrup to steaming in a 1 1/2 to 2 quart saucepan.  Add sugars and stir to dissolve.  Cook to 220 degrees on a candy thermometer (be sure to check it first with boiling water to see the boiling point). I just boiled the mixture for 3 minutes.   Remove from heat and add flavor to taste.  Store in a tightly closed container. I store in the refrigerator, and heat up in the microwave to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment