Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Almond Poppyseed Muffins

 My children always call home and ask if this recipe made it into the Yancey reunion cookbook.  Somehow, it didn't.  Since I only have it written in pencil and that paper is practically ripped out of my cookbook, I thought I'd document it here.

2 cups flour
3 teaspoons poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
2 eggs
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 teaspoon almond extract

In a medium size bowl, combine the dry ingredients and stir together.  

In a large bowl, cream the sugar and butter.  Beat in eggs, one at a time.  Add the yogurt and extract, beat well.  Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients.  Stir until moistened thoroughly.  Divide batter into a greased muffin tin.  Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until done (passes the toothpick test).  Makes 12 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment